The Bont Athena roller derby plate is our take on the classic quad plate. We designed the plate with smooth, elegant lines that will last the test of time. The chassis is crafted from extruded 6061 aircraft aluminum. The plate is made to extremely tight tolerances and has a low profile which means that the wheels are closer to the boot than most other plates. This lowers your center of gravity and improves edging. The 20-degree kingpin angle is great for making tight turns as well as top end speed. A variable adjustment nut and grub screw allow you to skate your plate tight or loose to suit your style. The plate features Delrin pivot cups and premium ultra-high rebounding urethane cushions that are made in the USA.
Our Athena plate has proven itself on the toughest skaters in the world: the Bont Quadstar team. The plate is triple polished with a final brilliant shine polish. Together, it delivers optimum power transfer, total control, perfect edge grip and the one thing every skater is looking for – more speed!
- FeaturesAction: 20 degrees
- Plate Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Kingpin: Steel
- Colors: Silver, black or rose gold
- Axles: 8mm Chrome-moly
- Bearings: 8mm Bearings only
- Pivot cups: Delrin
- Cushions: Made with extremely high-end urethane
- Hardness (Made in the USA): Purple 78A (Super Soft), Blue 83A (Soft), Black 88A (Medium), Red 93A (Hard)
- *Black 88a cushions are standard, list in notes if you would like a different hardness